A day late yet again, but this was a fun one… If you want to play along please visit the Friday Five website.
1. Where on your body have you had stitches and what were the circumstances? Before I got my braces in 8th grade, my orthodontist insisted I have my wisdom teeth out and the oral surgeon said that it wouldn’t be anything more than making a small incision and lifting the teeth out since they had no roots. Of course, I can never do anything in my life the easy way and four teeth came out in thirteen pieces (my jaw is so small that they had more trouble getting my teeth out than they were prepared for) and I was told I couldn’t blow my nose for a week or I’d risk getting the stitches infected. So guess who got a sinus infection shortly after the surgery. Yep, that would be me.
2. What most recently left you in stitches?
My friends Nancy, Gina and I got laughing because of an observation I made about our office. The quote of the day was “happiness is the sense of fulfillment that comes with hard work.” I emailed Nancy “since when is Massachusetts communist?” and she shared that with Gina. Maybe it’s the political science major in me or the fact that I just watched 1984, but I just couldn’t help but make the comparison. It was one of those “laugh because it’s true” moments but it got us through the day.
3. “A stitch in time saves nine” says the proverb, which means that mending one small tear in a fabric now prevents having to make nine stitches later. How has this been illustrated in your life?
I think this is best illustrated in my life when I have to be proactive at work to solve a problem. Fixing something myself on the front end saves everyone grief and frustration on the back end, especially myself.
4. What are your thoughts on Lilo and Stitch?
I’ve never seen it but it seems like a sweet movie.
5. What experience do you have with needle and thread? I’m not a seamstress but I have been cross stitching for 23 years. You can see some of my work here and here
Your cross stitch pieces are beautiful! I tried that once…I just didn’t have the patience 🙂 Thanks for visiting my blog!
Thank you so much! I have a lot of quiet time on my hands with my husband’s long hours and no kids, so it’s nice to just be able to have some me time to stitch